Vista Sync Handler and IShellItem2

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:47 AM
Hi
I'm using the the Sync Handler to synchronize our company applications. For this I implemented the ISyncMgrHandler Interface but now I would like to extend the application with the conflict store. Every conflict during a synchronization is stored in a db and is displayed in the sonfict store. When a user would like to resolve the conflict i have to pass a IShellItem2 in the Strucuture CONFIRMCONFLICTITEM which in my case i have no clue if i should implement this interface in a class or if there is a way that i retrieve a IShellItem by calling the methode SHCreateItemFromIDList.

Do I have to register a shell item so that i can use the methode call? If so do i have still to implement the Interface IShellItem2 or can i link a class with this shell item that is wrapped in a IShellItem2 Object? Or is there only the hard way and implement my own class with the interface?

Please keep in mind that this is the first time i get in touche with this Interface and any information would help me.

Best regards,
pete
Apr 17, 2009 at 5:48 AM
Helo, It is kind of off-topic, but I also was playing with ISyncMgrHandler and legacy ISyncMgrSynchronize. Do you using this interfaces from C# ? I have trouble to connect throught new ISyncMgrHandler with C# on Vista. But old ISyncMgrSynchronize works well on both Windows XP and Vista.
Apr 21, 2009 at 5:48 AM
hi
Sorry but it seems i cannot help you cause i used the interfaces in c++ but i think if you should be able to connect via c#.  there should be no reason why you cannot connect from c# cause mobsync would connect via com. do you have registered your sync handler and handler collection and updated thoses infos in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SyncMgr?  as far as i know you don't need the collection handler but you need to register the info in the apporp. registry key.

gl and cya
pete